Hello everyone. This Thanksgiving I am giving thanks that:
1. I arrived home today (21 Nov 07) on a ONE WAY plane ticket from Ft. Riley!
2. I have 34 days leave.
3. That I will leave active duty and return to the Reserves on Christmas Day 2007
4. That I am relatively healthy and with my family again after 18 months 20 days of absence.
5. That all my men returned home.
6. That my oldest daughter and her husband of 5 years will make me a Grandpa in March
7. That I have had the support and prayers of you my friends and fellow divers.
Yesterday one of my Iraqi translators who has immigrated to the USA wrote me to give thanks for his first Thanksgiving in the USA. He is thankful to be alive, not shot at, not walking the streets in fear of a bomb, and that he can find work. His note really makes you realize all we have to give thanks for here in the USA!