The Dive Matrix -- Scuba Diving  

1. Register to join the Dive Matrix Scuba Diving community
Local Diver Search Photo Galleries Events Calendar Register for Free Register for Free Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earn up to $50/hr finding golf balls in water hazards on local golf courses.

Default Earn up to $50/hr finding golf balls in water hazards on local golf courses.

We pay 10 cents for every golf ball you find in local golf course water hazards, $100k a year potential.

Looking for motivated people that want to make a great secondary or primary income going to golf courses at night and getting golf balls from water hazards and other areas. We will pay 8-10 cents per ball with no limit for any ball that you can find for us. This
    may seem small but the average water hazard has hundreds of balls that you can obtain in
    just a couple of hours. You can literally make $100's a day for just a few hours of work
    since there are many golf courses in almost every city. Prefer those with diving experience
    but we will train you to use both waders or other retrieval methods that don't require any
    type of certification. If you don't think this really works then check out this link:
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/18467042

Quote Originally Posted by jabedmorshed View Post
    We pay 10 cents for every golf ball you find in local golf course water hazards, $100k a year potential.

Looking for motivated people that want to make a great secondary or primary income going to golf courses at night and getting golf balls from water hazards and other areas. We will pay 8-10 cents per ball with no limit for any ball that you can find for us. This
    may seem small but the average water hazard has hundreds of balls that you can obtain in
    just a couple of hours. You can literally make $100's a day for just a few hours of work
    since there are many golf courses in almost every city. Prefer those with diving experience
    but we will train you to use both waders or other retrieval methods that don't require any
    type of certification. If you don't think this really works then check out this link:
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/18467042
    You know, this fella was supposed to get back to me about that stuff and I never heard a word... of course, the way the economy is going right now I'm watching smaller courses close around here...

I'm open to talk and dive year round in SWFL - gators don't bother me, but moccosins do

There seems to be a consensus of opinion that golf ball diving as a subcontractor to these freelancers is not cost effective as there is no insurance, no benefits, no compensation for all your expenses, etc.

Crunch the numbers before you leap, you might be suprised as how little you'll keep after direct and indirect overhead is deducted from your gross.

To make $100,000 you'd have to pick up one ball every seven seconds, or so.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain

Sounds like it'd be easier to hunt for Meg teeth and then sell them.

Hmmmmm..... The OP's profile shows "Bangladesh" as his home.
    Is that where you'd have to send the found balls to? At whose expense?
    How would the golf ball finder get paid? "Check via mail?"
    And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Rom 8:28
    The trained know the rules. The experienced understand the exceptions.

Snow, the answers to your great questions can be found by calling their Mumbai based call center.

Anyone considering working in golf ball recovery should watch the "Dirty Jobs" episode on it.
    Not easy or clean and the people making money are mostly sorting, washing, marking and selling the balls with only a little diving for collection.

You can make fair money at it but you really need to know the whole business from end to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassamania View Post
    To make $100,000 you'd have to pick up one ball every seven seconds, or so.
    I've done it. You can easily pick up as many balls as you can fit in your hand almost every time you stick your hand down. BTW, it's very gross. The balls get burried under the muck that is made up of rotten plant matter, algea, goose poop, and other unidentifialbe goop. It stinks like a septic tank and so does your gear for many dives later.

Everytime I have done it I have made in the realm of $75 per hour or so. The costs involved in doing it are minimal. A couple of fills and your transportation. In a few hours time I would make $200-$250 and burn three tanks.

Money is pretty good, but I don't think I would ever do it again. I don't mind the lack of viz or the mind numbing boringness of it, but I can't stand goose poop. The worst part is putting the reg back in your mouth after you bring a load of balls out. It's kind of like putting a shit scented pacifier in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by coldsmoke View Post
    The worst part is putting the reg back in your mouth after you bring a load of balls out. It's kind of like putting a shit scented pacifier in your mouth.
    compared to dealing with some of the backstabbing useless *******s i work with that almost sounds attractive...

For some reason I don't find myself calling places asking if they want to buy my dirty balls and how much more to buy my clean balls.

My backyard is a pond that belongs to the golf course. All day long people are whacking balls into it and no one has been diving to remove the balls in a couple of years. There must be thousands in there by now. That said, there is no way I would get in that nasty muck. Forget the two alligators that live in there.

I have seen several post & ads promoting this. I am actually considering picking up a hazmat drysuit & full face mask and taking this up. Not as a subcontractor though. Negotiate directly with the courses to sell the really good balls as well as "range balls" back to them. Any leftover go to Ebay.

I worked at a golf course years ago and made nice pocket change selling premium balls that I found back to the goofers themselves.

Maybe I could learn to love the smell of duck sh*t?

Somebody PLEASE talk me out of this.....

Default Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mohave_Steve View Post
    I am actually considering picking up a hazmat drysuit & full face mask and taking this up.
    Let us know how it works out - been thinking about it myself for extra cash to buy more gear... oh yeah, I mean pay for school...

I have been told such an undertaking also requires an old laundry machine for washing the balls (drop some wash cloths in with them)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohave_Steve View Post
    I have seen several post & ads promoting this. I am actually considering picking up a hazmat drysuit & full face mask and taking this up.
    Ill sell ya my Scubapro F/FM and a R390 reg... NO, It does not have a windshield wiper to scrape the goose/duck poopey from the lenses.... HAHAHAHA
    R U 4 SCUBAAA????

If at first ya dont Succeed... SKYDIVING AINT FOR YOU.... Neither is SCUBA....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast