OK, since SUUNTO (great dive compuer, bad dive log program) DM4 has to be the worst computer program ever (calling it a program is giving it more credit than it deserves. See my other post of SUUNTO DM4 for details) I am forced to buy a 3rd party software to download my dives into a log. DM4 is no where near ready for release or use, and has no manual. I will not use a program that has 2 parts, one on my computer and one on the internet that I have to access seperatly to finish the entries for the log.
What software would you recommend and why to download your dives. Here is what I am looking for:
1. Download eaisly directly from SUUNTO Cobra 3 using the cable.
2. Able to print with out having to make a PFD first.
3. Records Dive number and keeps track of same.
4. Records Time of entry and exit from the water.... Can you belive DM4 does not do that?
5. Accuratly computes SAC
6. Maintains database of my air tanks (cylinders) and their size.
7. Computes PP O2 for Nitrox
8. Computes PP Nitrogen
9. Charts the dive
10. Records dive site Catalina CA, Bird Rock, or Laguna Beach CA, Deadmans Reef
11. Records dive buddy
12. Dive Boat name or shore dive
13. Max Depth
14. Bottom time
15. Generous area for notes.
16. Exports to DAN
17. Exports to format SUUNTO DM will inport (just in case SUUNTO ever gets it together).
18. Imports from SUUNTO DM4 and DM3 so I can bring my past dives into it.
19. Does not require me to log into an online program after importing into the on my computer program some of the dive details to enter the rest of the dive details such as dive buddy, location etc. (can you belive DM4 makes you do this), or for me to maintain a online posting of my dives to have all the dive details recorded.
20. Place for visiblity
21. Place for weather, sunny, rainny, overcast, night dive etc
22. Place for weights used
23. Place for dive gear used, drysuit, wetsuit, 2 piece wetsuit etc.
The programs I am currently looking at are:
Sharkpoint by Dream Dives
Divelob by Seawolf.com
Dive Log 5.0
Scuba base dive log
Anyone out there have any experience with these programs and would recommend or not recommend one over the other and why? Any other programs I should look at?