Channel Islands Dive Adventures has the Explorer chartered for a trip to the Deep Hole area of Ventura County on Sunday, August 5, 2012. Diving the Deep Hole area can be very exciting as it is not a place where many divers get to dive. There are very few chances to dive the coastal areas andCIDA is the leader in coastal diving!
The plan is to board at 7:00am Sunday morning (or after 7:00pm on Saturday night) and depart at 8:00am for a nice ride to the Deep Hole area of Ventura County located about 20 miles south of Ventura Harbor and ½-1 mile offshore. We will be doing all 3 dives in the same general area with us getting back to the dock about 5:00pm. The 1st dive will be about 60-90 deep and the 2nd and 3rd dives will be about 40-70 deep.
The Deep Hole area is large and very dramatic and is comprised of large boulders, small rock piles, walls and pinnacles along with beautiful kelp forests, sea fans, bat rays and more. There are deeper sites such as Sea Fans, Deep Hole, Painted Rocks and Sweet Spot and there is a shallow (40-60) spot called The Ring with its rocky reef and kelp forest that can rival any spot on the islands on a good day. The depths range from 40-100 with visibility from 20-60. This can be a very good hunting spot for fish and bugs (when its bug season) and an excellent area for photographers.
- Where: Ventura County Deep Hole Area-20 miles south of Ventura Harbor
- When: Sunday, August 5, 2012
- Time: Board at 7:00am Sunday morning (or after 7:00pm on Saturday night)with the Explorer departing at 8:00am, the approx. time back to the dock is 5:00pm.
- Cost: $120.00 includes, 3 dives, food, snacks, drinks & air
- Pay Online-click here to pay with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, PayPal, Google or call to pay by check or cash
To sign up and pay for trip or if you have any questions, please contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805 469-7288