About a year ago, I became the very happy owner of a DiveX Sierra. Today I find myself faced with a tough problem - my bonus this year is bigger than I expected, and I'm now torn on a decision I thought I'd already made. I'm usually more active on Scubaboard, but I know for a fact that everybody whose opinion I REALLY want is on TDM.
The big question is - do I buy the Fury battery and new prop for my Sierra, or do I double-down and pick up a Cuda Fury? With the battery + charger being half the cost of the new scooter, it seems damn near irresponsible to not at least consider the Cuda (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).
- More speed that I could possibly imagine wanting
- I end up with a second scooter that I could either sell (yeah, right) or keep as a backup and use to infect new people with the scooter virus
- I satisfy the covetous envy I felt at seeing Claudette's...
- It's another $3500
- The vast majority of the scooter divers I know and dive with are running Sierras anyway
- My girlfriend might kill me if she finds out
I know that between the group here you guys have owned pretty much every combination of battery, body, and tail that DiveX has ever produced... What do you think? Either option will get me there and back on just about any dive I could imagine doing at Point Lobos... How often do you guys actually run Cudas above Sierra-speed 5?