"Ten in Eleven": The new math of surprises from DUI
The DUI booth at DEMA 2010 in Las Vegas was packed with customers... just like at every dive show.
The Drysuits and undergarments were the beautiful DOGGIES-In-The-Window... as always.
Then Kathy Long stopped me in my tracks and deployed the Jingle-of-Hipness on my unsuspecting ears:
10 in '11.
After I did the long division ("hmmm, Ten goes into Eleven 1.1 times... huh?????... what a doofus"), I let Kathy walk me through the ten new things that DUI is rolling out between now and June 2011.
Here are the 5 new little DOGGIES I saw at the booth that are available now (and my strictly personal opinions about each product.):
[I'll put the Coming Attractions in the next post.]
1. Drysuit inflation system (available now)
The knob on the valve is in-line with the cylinder, which would be one less thing to grab kelp on my rig. Mounting straps look cool for dubs, but would add a step for those swapping out single cylinders between dives. (Straps are just an available option.) Clean looking all-in-one kit. Looks like the perfect Sweetie's First Argon Bottle holiday gift, which is not a bad thing!.
2. FLX EXTREME Drysuit (available now)
Nice! The whole suit is made with the polyester laminate material I've loved for 600+ dives on the top half of my DUI 50/50 Flex drysuit. It's tough, flexible, lightweight... and frankly, what I'm used to. A friend who loves her TLS350 checked out this new suit as an option, but went with her tried&true favorite and ordered another Three-Fiddy. I love the CF200 legs on my suit, but again it's what I'm used to. I'd love to dive this suit someday and see how it feels.
(blondie not included)
3. New Limited Edition Drysuit Overlays (now)
Chacun à son goût... but there they are.
"ACCCKK! My buddy's On Fire!!! oh...wait... "
4. ECO DiveWear 75% recycled fibers (now):
It's a base layer for drysuits, or just added insulation for active wear.
A Soft green way to support recycling with your purchase.
(brunette not included)
5. Modular Bags (now) The rolling DUI bag and duffle can be fast-clipped together so you can roll 'em all together now! (Sweetie pie gift time, which is not a bad thing.) These fine bags don't feel bomb-proof like my beloved Stahl Sac... but if you're easier on your bags than I am, these could fit the bill.
UP NEXT: Coming Attractions!